TechWORKS Training Program
The program provides technology based learning leading to attainment of industry standard certifications in N+, Security+ and MCSA Window 7 Support Technician. You may be eligible for a scholarship to attend our innovative Information Technology.
- Adults aged 18 and older
- Lost your job at any point since 2008 and are now underemployed - or - have been unemployed for 27 weeks or longer
- Prior work experience in IT or a related field
- Must complete screening and application process
IT Technician Pathway
The program is intended to assist those recently graduated from high school or those who acquired a GED as an alternative to college while providing a career path in the IT field, students in the pathway will work towards their CompTIA A+ certification.
- Have an interest in technology.
- Ages 17 to 21 years of age
- Must be low-income (according to federal guidelines)
- Legal right to work in the United States
- High school graduate not currently in college or working towards obtaining a GED
Digital Literacy Classes
Participants interested in this program will be eligible to experience a computer "Digital Literacy" course to provide an introduction to basic computer skills applicable in many different environments. The classes will be set up to created two different class categories: Beginner and Intermediate.
- Classes will have a $25 fee that is Non-Refundable
- Students will experience 2 hour classes for 4 total classes (8 hours of instruction)
- Students will receive an SDFF certificate upon successfully completing the program
- Child care is not available