TechWORKS Training Program
The program provides technology based learning leading to attainment of industry standard certifications in N+, Security+ and MCSA Window 7 Support Technician. You may be eligible for a scholarship to attend our innovative Information Technology.
- Adults aged 18 and older
- Lost your job at any point since 2008 and are now underemployed - or - have been unemployed for 27 weeks or longer
- Prior work experience in IT or a related field
- Must complete screening and application process
Digital Literacy - Youth Technology Career Exploration
This is a new program offered in partnership with Fab Lab San Diego, ReCenter, and San Diego Workforce Partnership. You will be trained in the most commonly recognized certification in digital literacy, the IC3 (Internet and Computing Core Certification). You may be eligible for a scholarship.
- Out-of-school youth ages 18 to 21
- Live in San Diego Metro and Mid-City regions
- Self-identify with a documented disability including silent or learning disability
IT Technician Pathway
The program is intended to assist those recently graduated from high school or those who acquired a GED as an alternative to college while providing a career path in the IT field, students in the pathway will work towards their CompTIA A+ certification.
- Have an interest in technology.
- Ages 17 to 21 years of age
- Must be low-income (according to federal guidelines)
- Legal right to work in the United States
- High school graduate not currently in college or working towards obtaining a GED